Promoting a Civil Dialogue
We provide this community forum for readers to exchange ideas and opinions on the news of the day. Passionate views, pointed criticism and critical thinking are welcome. Name-calling, crude language and personal abuse are not. Moderators will monitor comments with the goal of maintaining a high level of civility. Our comment policy explains the rules for registered commenters.
If your comment was deleted, perhaps…
- You called someone an idiot, a racist, a dope, a moron, etc. Please, no name-calling or profanity. This includes veiled profanity — #$%^&*.
- You rambled, failed to stay on topic or exhibited troll-like behavior intended to hijack the discussion.
- YOU SHOUTED YOUR COMMENT IN ALL CAPS. This is hard to read and annoys readers.
- You have issues with a business. Have a bad meal? Feel you were overcharged at the store? New car is a lemon? Contact the business directly with your concerns.
- You believe the newspaper’s coverage is unfair. It would be better to write the editor email@example.com, or call Editor Kristen Czaban at 672-2431. This is a forum for community discussion, not for media criticism. We’d rather address your concerns directly.
- You included an e-mail address or phone number, pretended to be someone you aren’t or offered a comment that makes no sense.
- You accused someone of a crime or assigned guilt or punishment to someone suspected of a crime.
- Your comment is in really poor taste.